Saturday, June 8, 2013

oh my

This has been a roller coaster spring in so many ways.  Usually life changes come at you one at a time.  They rock your boat.  You recover.  You move on.  Not this year for us.   We have had a new grandbaby, a child's wedding and the death of a parent in the last 6 weeks.  My boat is swamped and the lake is deep.

I believe that time is the answer to most stressful events.  Things look better in the morning.  Things have a way of working themselves and I don't have to have all of the answers right this minute.  But I wish I did.

I love our new grandbaby.  I love our new daughter in law.  They are both precious people in my life and real blessings.

I will miss my mom.  She was a rock and an example.  She lived a full life and we can only hope to do half of the things she did.  I am not sad exactly.  At least not a a lasting, overwhelming sad.  She is fine and in a better place.  She is with family members she has missed for a long time and they are having a grand reunion.  She was with all of us in her last week.  Each child, grandchild and great grandchild visited with her at a wedding and family parties.  We had good long visits.  I am grateful for that in a huge way.

I am tired.  I am sweeping up the confetti after the party.  I am putting away the party dishes.  I am filling out the papers and making the plans for what is expected after each person passes in this life.  I am writing checklists of things and crossing them off one by one.  I just got up for the day and I need a nap.

But it will be okay in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment