Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stress?

Stress is a good thing because most of the time it compels us to make changes.  The "uncomfortableness" of our body in a stressful situation forces us to do something.  Options often include fleeing, handling the situation differently, seeking help, or a combination of actions seeking to be in a comfortable position again.

A few days ago I began a regular exercise program (again).  I had had a consistent one for several years, lost a lot of weight and then.... got lazy.  Last school year I gained most of it back.  It was a stressful year and I chose to eat my way through it :).

This year is beginning to be very challenging and I am already in an exercising routine.  I woke up this morning actually ready to tackle all of the big things on the list today.  Remarkable change.

Yarn is good therapy.  My lovely spouse says  the shop is cheaper than counseling sessions and meds.  He is right about that, but my treadmill is great therapy.  The hard things I have to do today are still there.  But I can do hard things.  Without french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment