Friday, May 1, 2015

And in the next chapter....



I was a little emotional last night as I locked up.  It is the last time this shop will look like this.  Friday afternoon Stacy will begin to pack up all of the yarn and shrink wrap all the spinners.  She thinks it can be done in 2 days.  I am not sure you can pack up all the stuff in this space in 2 days.  It took 4 years to get this way.  It is a lot of stuff.  There is a ton of yarn, tools, kits, and fiber.  The memories are here too.  In my wildest imaginings, I didn't see this coming.  This was supposed to be a career plan and a business move but it has become a destination and a series.  People hang out here when they can.  We have a cast of regulars and guest stars.  We have a background music and laughter that is not canned. 

The same people that hang out here are helping the shop to move.  I am truly appreciative of that.  It is enormous.  In our new space, we will have more room for more people and creative energy.  We have room for more yarn and fiber and tools.   We will have the same laughter and vibe in the little shop just more of it.  See you in the new space soon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment